11 Nov Tips For Cleaning Babies Clothes
Any parent of a new baby knows how overwhelming taking care of an infant can be. Babies are much more sensitive and delicate than adults are and can be more prone to exterior elements, even some of the everyday items that adults safely use each and every day. This includes skin sensitivities that may be caused by harsh laundry detergents.
This is why it is so important to know how to safely clean your baby’s clothes so that their clothing items can continue to keep them warm and comfortable—and you don’t have to worry about itching, scratching, rashes or discomfort. Plus, knowing how to safely and effectively clean your baby’s clothes will help their items last longer, even wash after wash (which is something that any parent can appreciate).
- Clothing can trap dust, irritants and particles from the environment and hold them in the fibers of any clothing. This is why regular washing is so important—especially if your child has skin sensitivities, so you can make sure these irritants aren’t hanging out in your baby’s clothes.
- Always wash your baby’s new clothes before wearing them. You never know who has handled that clothing or where the clothes have been.
- Baby clothing should be washed separately from adult clothing.
- Don’t use extra fabric softeners or laundry additives when cleaning your baby’s clothes—especially ones that have fragrances in them.
- If you do need to wash your baby’s clothes with normal detergent or soap, look out for signs of skin irritation.
- If your baby’s clothes have a stain on them—do your best to remove as much of the stain while it is fresh—using water, a gentle soap, a special baby-friendly stain remover or even a baby wipe.
Just like with food allergies, make sure to pay close attention to your child’s reaction to new detergents or soaps. If you are tying a new product out, watch your baby’s skin to look for signs of redness, bumps or rashes.
If you have more questions about keeping your baby safe and healthy or are worried that your child may be struggling with skin sensitivities or reactions—contact us here at Life In Motion today. You can call us and schedule an appointment with one of our pediatricians by calling 817-617-8600.